St Albans Community Bank’s new office at 55 Catherine street, St Albans is now open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays between 10.00am and 12.30pm, and this will be reviewed further once demand has been assessed.
We will however operate remote services, including the transfer of funds to bank accounts and to the Engage prepaid debit card, and the submission of online loan and membership applications. We encourage members to use our remote services where they satisfy their needs. We will also be available on Mondays and Thursdays by telephone or email only.
The Board has updated its Covid-19 Risk Assessment for opening the office and the link to this document is included here . This document will be reviewed regularly in the light of further government guidelines. Any member or other visitor that intends to visit the office is requested to read the risk assessment in order to protect themselves and others.
Some key points are:
• All visitors to the office are required to comply with hygiene and social distancing requirements. Notices and posters outside and inside the office will reinforce these messages.
• Visitors are required to use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the office and when leaving.
• Visitors must wear face coverings at all times
• Only one member/ visitor, and their family, will be allowed into the office at one time and will not be permitted to proceed beyond the front desks. If there is already a member/ visitor in the office, you will be asked to wait outside
• Sneeze screens have been installed at each desk location to protect both the visitor and the staff member.
• Discussions about loans and other potentially prolonged discussions with members will be by appointment only (Tel: 01727 859135 or email: email@example.com).
• Visitors should note that they will not be permitted to use the toilet in the building.
• Visitors are asked to bring their own pens.
• No-one should attempt to visit the office if they are showing signs of the coronavirus or are feeling unwell.
Please be assured that the St Albans Community Bank is open for business, including the receipt of loan applications from both members and non-members, and we ask for your support during this difficult period.
We look forward to welcoming you again to our office.