There are many reasons to save with St Albans Community Bank, here are just a few.
You can open an account with as little as £1 and save as much or as little as you like, as often as you like, up to a maximum of £15,000. Here are the ways you can save:
• Pay in cash at the St Albans office or at any of our other customer centres (don’t forget your passbook).
• Pay by cheque (payable to “St Albans Community Bank” with your membership number on the back) by post or in person. We also accept cheques from other bodies/people made payable directly to the member.
• Set up a Standing Order with your bank/building society.
• Have Benefit Payments paid directly into your savings.
• Via a Payroll Deduction Scheme – ask your employer if they have a scheme.
as it is protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and you can withdraw some or all your savings at any time. It’s your money, so we make withdrawals as easy and quick as possible.
We, in common with other credit unions, can pay annual dividends rather than interest on savings. The payment of a dividend, if at all, depends on the amount of surplus money available. Details are decided after each financial year at the AGM, in the light of a recommendation by the Board of Directors. The payment of a dividend each or any year is not guaranteed.